|Left to right, top to bottom: Kunxin Luo, Russell Vance, Michael Rape, Michael Marletta, Sarah Stanley|
MCB faculty Kunxin Luo, Russell Vance, Michael Rape, Sarah Stanley, and Michael Marletta have been selected to receive bridge funding for their high-risk, original, and crucial research on the SARS-CoV2/COVID-19 global pandemic.
The Henry Wheeler Center for Emerging & Neglected Diseases (CEND) established the COVID Catalyst fund to encourage and support more novel ideas and solutions to interfere with the COVID-19 replication, expansions, and infection. CEND is a multidisciplinary research unit at UC Berkeley whose mission is to make innovative and substantial contributions to the global response to emerging and neglected infectious diseases.
- Kunxin Luo – High affinity soluble ACE2 decoy receptor approach for Covid-19
- Russell Vance – Targeting the inflammasome to combat Covid-19
- Michael Rape – Improving efficacy of remdesivir
- Sarah Stanley – Repurposing screen of approved compounds for Covid-19
- Michael Marletta – Nitric Oxide effects on Covid-19 infection
Learn more about CEND, the Covid Catalyst fund, and the rest of the Covid Catalyst awardees here: