The MCBGSAA organizes several events each year to facilitate meetings between students and alumni of all years. Our major gatherings include a social/happy hour and an alumni seminar each fall and spring. We also recently held a picnic in Tilden Park.
We also facilitate a number of smaller gatherings, including roundtables and coffee chats. If you are an alum interested in speaking with current students about your post-MCB career, we'd love to hear from you. Please visit the photos tab to see photos, and please feel free to contact us with feedback or suggestions for future events!
- Annual Fall Social at Palomino - Friday, September 29th from 6:00-9:00 pm - RSVP here
- Coffee and careers meetups between alumni and current students
- April 26th, 2017: Seminar & Roundtable with Ryan Cirz from Achaogen
- April 7th, 2017: Spring Happy Hour at Bar Basic
- Feb 6th, 2017: Networking Workshop and Training Seminar with Giana Ciappon from BOLD (co-hosted with MCB 295)
- Dec 1st, 2016: Graduate student intership panel with current and former students
- Nov 17th, 2016: Alumni Seminar featuring Victor Holmes, Scientist at Amyris (graduated 2000, Cozzarelli lab) [PDF here]
- Nov 9th, 2016: Roundtable with Crystal Marconett, Assistant Professor at USC (graduated 2009, Firestone lab)
- Sept 30th, 2016: Fall Happy Hour at Jamber
- Aug 7th, 2016: Summer Picnic at Tilden Park
- Apr 22nd, 2016: Alumni Seminar featuring Raymond Deshaies, Professor at Caltech (graduated 1988, Schekman lab)
- Mar 11th, 2016: Spring Social at UC Berkeley (LKS)
- Mar 7th, 2016: Practical Networking Workshop (co-hosted with MCB 295)
- Oct 9th, 2015: Fall Social at UC Berkeley (LKS)